20130723

HOW TO: Galaxy Nails // Pylones ring




I love anything and everything galaxy related (from stars to chocolate bars... ooh now I want chocolate, damn it brain). Anywhoo, I did a Galaxy Nails how-to forever ago and felt like trying it again (with purple instead of blue this time so it's totally different okay ;P) I was inspired by this image of the Carina nebula [via]. I decided to use Barry M nail polish as they're quick drying, well pigmented and come in an amazing range of colours, plus they're really inexpensive which is always a win.
Sooo quickfire tutorial time; I started with a clear basecoat, painted all my nails black, then sponged some purple ontop about halfway down the nail. When that dried I dabbed some pink polish onto the edges to create a more tonal effect and finished with a coat of glitter. Eh voila!
I always get compliments when I do this but it really isn't too complicated, just a little time consuming waiting for the polish to dry between layers. I also find it useful to do a coat of clear afterwards to preserve it, or sometimes add a second coat of glitter.
The specific shades I used for this were; Barry M' 47 black, 302 fuchsia, 303 bright purple, and Rimmel lasting finish in "disco ball".

I also wanted to show you this ring I bought from a little shop on Carnaby Street. It has tiny fragments of enamel encased inside a glass cube. It's made by a French brand called 'Pylones', who also have a similar range with coloured ink trapped inside. Check them out on their website here.

5 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with anything galaxy too! Thanks for the tutorial I'll definitely be trying it out soon :)

    stylevancity

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so cool, not sure if I have the patience for that!

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh woww those nails are absolutely amazing! i remember when you did them in your other post and was totally mesmerised aha! definitely need to try this out once i get my hands on more nail varnish!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. just wow wow wow your nails are amazing and so is this blog!!! Please check out and follow my blog http://thegirlinblueblogger.blogspot.com

    I'd really appreciate it!

    B in B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect. I want to try it.

    ReplyDelete