20110918

The face that you wish was a ghost





Sometimes I wonder if I even have a style or if I just dress based on my mood. I'm not even sure how much I like this outfit anymore, but it's always fun experimenting, right? The leather-look backpack is a recent purchase, along with the tights and sparkly black nail polish (all from topshop). I haven't had a backpack for absolutely ages, and now I remember why - it's near impossible finding things at short notice and I'm always on edge that I'm an easy target for passing pickpockets. There's also the bizarre flashback I get from simply hearing the word 'backpack' - in my first year of secondary school I was known for sporting a giant backpack that made me look like a teenage mutant ninja turtle - and as cool as that sounds, it wasn't. But backpacks do have their benefits or course; they hold a surprising amount of stuff and they come with nifty little zip pockets (which come in so handy, especially when they don't work -_-) But the thing I really like about this backpack is the crackled leatherette texture; I find it gives off a slightly aged / distressed edge that I can't help but love. I know it's probably not to every one's taste but my mind's reeling now with all sorts of quirky styling ideas...


Have you made any random purchases lately?
x x x

17 comments:

  1. Thank you! Great bag and love the outfit-combination! I've bought the most amazing boots today, not very random, but ok! ;)

    xx Marije

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely in love with this outfit! The tights and skirt are so cute :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how I feel about backpacks either, reminds me of school too much! this one looks great though, as does the whole outfit :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i personally think it would always be the combination of the two. mood will definitely affect your choice in the day, but the variation would always revolve around your style. and i love your styling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that backpack! I just bought myself one from river island, I am on a one woman mission to convince my friends that backpacks are in fact hip.

    Funny you should mention it, I'm trying to decide between floral or oxblood DMs, crazy times! I think I'm going to go for oxblood actually.

    Hope that it's all going good at your new collage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh I like your nail polish! I made some random purchases today, popped into town to get something specific and ended up buying a whole outfit as well as a few bits and bobs from charity shops! Didnt even get the thing I went for aha
    Abigail xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely lovely lovely
    xxx
    www.alittlebitofroza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oo I love that backpack!!

    www.closetvoyage.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool backpack! Nice nails!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woww nails are great! And you look beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute outfit! Love the bag and nails.

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com/
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're right, that backpack is definitely stunning. :) Thanks for visiting my blog! Following you. xx

    forshoeswefall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really like that backpack, and your nails look great! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH LOOK SHINY DOOR KNOBS!!!

    p.s wear this outfit to college one day, it looks sosososo cool like :) and yes this is a demand.

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your skirt, where's it from?? I've just found your blog and love it! xx

    http://louise-strawberrylaces.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete