I was tagged by the lovely Purdy from Kittenish Behaviour to post a list of "10 things I love", and these are the things I chose...
1. My Canon EOS 500D - it helps me to take some amazing photographs and the quality's way superior to any other camera I've used in the past. I would definitely recommend it to any aspiring photographers out there (who just happen to have a fair amount of cash to spare... but trust me, it's well worth the money!)
2. (500) Days of Summer. The more I watch this film the more I love it. In a way I feel a lot like Summer Finn, and in a way I don't. There are many characters I've felt connected to in the past from books I've read or films I've watched. I suppose I just love the escapism of it all.
3. Polaroids - there's something about them that feels a little more sincere than modern photo practices, which can be edited in excess, whereas Polaroids have that raw sense of nostalgic sentiment behind every shot.
4. Tights. I love decorative pairs soo much right now but it breaks my heart when they get laddered. Either way I don't think I could live without black opaque tights - they're a wardrobe staple for me, especially in winter.
5. Red hair - I've never dyed my hair before (except for one summer when I was 13, my hair got sun bleached and I ended up with blonde streaks, haha) But I really want to dye my hair red, just slightly, I fancy a change...
6. Topshop - I don't care if it sounds cliche, but I love topshop! I don't buy clothes from there all the time, sometimes I just go in too look around and gather inspiration, ('cuz lets face it, as a student I'm not made of money...) but oh their clothes are just so pretty it's hard to resist! Here are my current faves from their website...
7. Bokeh filters. I want a set for Christmas! They're a type of camera attachment, that create a really pretty effect by contorting blurred lights into fun shapes, such as hearts, stars, butterflies, etc.
8. Outer space. I look up at the sky at night and the stars remind me of how small I am, of how much more there is out there and that however I'm feeling there's probably an alien somewhere who's miffed off because he's forgotten where he parked his spaceship and he wants to get home before Planet-X-Factor starts, haha... I don't care if it sounds dorky but I'm fascinated by the stars, those unexplainable moments when science and magic seem to collide, and the whole idea of finding my place in this universe.
9. That there's still magic in the world. It happens at the wildest moments, in the unlikeliest of places. If you search for it too hard you might just miss it. Sometimes you just have to stop looking and let it find you.
10. Giles Deacon S/S 2010 collection. I know this was launched over a year ago but it's always in my heart. I absolutely adore his metallic dinosaur bags - they embody a whimsical sense of youthfulness; taking inspiration from the past and incorporating visions of the future to create something bold, quirky and ridiculously awesome.
Now I'm going to tag these beautiful bloggers to create their own post of 10 things they love...
Abi from True Colours
Maria from Mary And Her Dreams
Lexi from Quirky Explosion
Ruth from The Ruth Chronicles
Amy from Forever Curiouser
Panda from Studmuffin
Elle from noraspy
Jan from Peanutbutter Fairytales
Nicole from lies and ignorant faces
Kate from Thistle & Weeds
Charlotte from The Tea Drinking English Rose
...and of course any of you out there who want to have a go at this, I tag you too! If you create a post of your own be sure to drop me a comment 'cuz I'd love to learn more about the amazing people who read my blog.
(Images 1,4,9,10 were taken by me, 7 via topshop.com, 11 & 12 from my google reader, 2,3,5,6,8 found via weheartit.com and are linked back to their sources.)
x x x