20120721

LUSH EMOTIONAL BRILLIANCE



S'up guys, guess who went to her very first blogger event last night?! It was so cool meeting the girls behind the blogs I'd loved for so long and a few new faces too. The event was to celebrate the launch of LUSH cosmetics new colour line 'Emotional Brilliance'. The line consists of 30 liquid colours which can be applied to the face any which way you like; as mascara, eye liner, lipstick or blush - it all depends on what mood you're in. One of the most exciting parts of the new line is the in-store experience, which involves having a colour reading taken based on how you're feeling that day. The colours you pick and the order you chose them in supposedly say a lot about your personality. For the reading you have to close your eyes and clear you mind as the colour wheel spins and when it stops you have to pick the first three colours that jump out to you. The first colour gives a reading on your strength or weakness, the second highlights your subconscious desire, and the third is your defining talent which will help you achieve your subconscious desire.



For my reading I picked out Incharge, Decisive and Drive. Now I know a lot of people will be quite sceptical about the process but it's genuinely a lot of fun and I was quite surprised to find this was a really accurate reading for me.
As many of you may already know, LUSH cosmetics pride themselves on naturally based ingredients and anti-animal testing ethics. Where most facial cosmetics contain four or five preservatives, the 'Emotional Brilliance' range only contain one; making it a safe synthetic pigment, ideal for sensitive skin. You can test the products in store, and it doesn't just have to be the ones from your personal reading. I went home with "Decisive" red which has more of a liquid consistency as it's primarily a liquid lipstick (patent pending) but you can pick up different makeup wands free in store and use it however you like!


I don't usually wear lipstick, especially not red as I feel it's too bright for me, but after wearing this one for a while it really started to grow on me. I'm not saying that by wearing this lipstick it suddenly made me more decisive (quite the opposite really, it took me an hour to decide which colour I wanted, but only 'cuz they're all so appealing ;)
The range officially launches today and each colour goes for £14.50, get yours now and prepare to feel emotionally brilliant! (haha, I'm such a cheeseball). Also check out LUSH on facebook & twitter for more exciting info on current and upcoming lush products.


Oooh and don't forget to check out these lovely ladies blogs:


x x x

10 comments:

  1. I'm dying to try these, they look amazing! It looks like you had a lovely time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. really want to try these out! great post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really cool! The red looks great on you!

    Pip x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you bought the red lipstick, it looked fab :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow readings? That sounds so awesome! Hopefully this range hits Australian stores too, sounds amazing (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks incredible! You picked a great colour there- looks lovely on you :). Hope you had a great time- certainly looks like you did.
    Kaz x
    sunshine--days.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried on the red lipstick too, it was lovely! So regretting that I didn't buy it, may have to go back! It was nice meeting you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay you got the red one! it's so nice, it was so lovely seeing you on friday! there's got to be another blogger event soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lush, and that lip colour looks great on you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that's nice!
    Do you like Macarons? :)

    ReplyDelete